Best Colon Cleansing herbs
When it comes to colon cleansing, there are many therapies and supplements available in the market. Most of these colon cleansing supplements boast of an impressive array of herbs and ingredients. It can be confusing to someone who doesn’t know what he or she is looking for. So, here a few tips to help you choose the best colon cleansing supplements.
Best colon cleansing herbs:
- One of the most effective colon cleansing herb is Camellia Sinensis and it is found in green tea. It aids in colon cleansing due to its antioxidants and high vitamin C content.
- Peppermint is a good colon cleanser. It is found in many supplements and is also available in the form of peppermint tea. You can also make it yourself at home. Peppermint helps in soothing the digestive system and flushes out toxins.
- Ginger, senna and chamomile are all good colon cleansing herbs and help in reliving constipation. They are found in many supplements and herbal teas.
- Cassia senna leaf is a most powerful laxative herb found in cleansing teas.
- If you are looking for a mild herb that will help not only in colon cleansing, but also provide other health benefits, choose a supplement with dried barberry bark. It will not only flush out toxins but also boost immunity and a healthy digestive system.
- Rhubarb is a herb usually found in cleansing teas and supplements. Its roots, leaves and stem have anthraquinone, which helps in bowel cleansing as well as blood cleansing.
A word of caution
All the herbs listed above will help in detoxifying your body and promoting a healthy digestive system. But you should remember that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. All these herbs can be very strong and should be used only when required and as specified in the directions given with the packaging.